Wednesday 8 April 2009

Easter Friday 10th April 2009 is time for Gypsy Jazz at the TEMPO, Portimão



The TEMPO (Portimão’s Municipal Theatre) invites you to a session with the Biel Ballester Trio, an upbeat sound influenced by Django Reinhardt, Gypsy Jazz in General, old Rockabilly music, 70's british Rockabilly, Wes Montogomery, Pat Martino...

Not unknown to audiences in the Algarve !

Friday 10th April, 10PM
Venue: TEMPO - TEatro Municipal de POrtimão).

Location: TEMPO - TEatro Municipal de POrtimão).
Address: Largo 1º Dezembro, 8500-538 Portimão, Phone: (+351) 282 480 496


View Larger Map

Links & Notes:

Biel Ballester Trio Official Website

Biel Ballester Trio (myspace)

Biel Ballester on Biel Ballester:
‘Hey! My name is Biel Ballester and I have a band called THE BIEL BALLESTER TRIO. I have done this MySpace Page just for fun and meet friends who are already here. I’ll take advantage of doing this page by myself, so I’ll also be able to put my other pasion apart of Gypsy Jazz... Good old Rockabilly music!

Here’s a bit of my CV: I studied classic guitar at the prestigious LUTHIER SCHOOL in Barcelona(Spain). There I spent two years with teacher and concertist Alex Garrobé and four with teacher and concertist Fernando Rodriguez. I’ve also gone to classic guitar master classes from people such as: José Tomás, David Russell, Aniello Desiderio, Manuel Barrueco, Marco Socias, Hopckinson Smith and Jordi Savall (the last two ones speciallists in Barroque music).

I am kind of self-taugh on gypsy-jazz, but I’ve given concerts across europe and been invited to play with top Gypsy Jazz bands as THE ROSENBERG TRIO, THE ROBIN NOLAN TRIO, HOT CLUB DE NORVEGE, GUSTAV LUNDGREN, STEPHANE WREMBEL TRIO among others. Some of my band’s recordings have been choosed to be in CD compilations of the best Gypsy Jazz players of the world.

Our albums are edited in USA by the record label Refined Records and distributed in France, UK, Corea and Japan. I have been also invited to record in Oslo with guitarist JON LARSEN for the label HotClub Records. I’ve visited USA to teach and play at the DJANGO IN JUNE FEST. In Northampton. But remember: Nothin’ like Good ol’ Rockabilly Bop! :) By the way: I can be considered like a vintage Gretsch guitar freak. Something for sale’ (myspace)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Algarve Holiday Studio: http://www.geocities.com/algarve_holiday/
For a memorable stay at Praia da Rocha, Algarve!

No comments: