It’s time to enjoy the beach and relax and enjoy a large variety of events during May, Beautiful May!
- A Jazz Festival ('May, Beautiful May');
- Classic Music concerts;
- Many dance events covering a wide range of styles (Ballet, Contemporary; Folk, etc);
- Contemporary dance;
- A large variety of Plays at different theatres throughout the Algarve (plays in Portuguese!);
- Photography, Art and Painting Exhibitions;
- The Algarve Motorbike Exhibition;
- Portuguese Touring Car Championship;
- Portimão’s Air Festival;
- World Music Festival MED 2009
And a lot more taking place this month!
Note: Many of the above events are free of charge and/or heavily subsidised by Portuguese Tourism and local councils!
Obtain the Algarve What’s On Guide in hard copy at Faro Airport (in the Tourist Office) and in all Tourist Offices throughout the Algarve or you can download it from here:
What’s On in the Algarve in May 2009 (pdf)
There is more to the Algarve than ‘Sun, Sea & Sand’!
Algarve Holiday Studio: http://www.geocities.com/algarve_holiday/
For a memorable stay at Praia da Rocha, Algarve !